RedR is a federation of national accredited RedR organisations who share a common Vision and Mission.
RedR International is the Association, registered in Geneva, established in order to contribute towards the achievement of RedR’s vision and mission through the support, promotion, accreditation and monitoring of national RedR organisations.
It is governed by the General Assembly of Members elected by and from the governing bodies of the Accredited RedRs plus co-opted Members.
The General Assembly’s role is to ensure that RedR develops as a cohesive and effective international movement. RedR International’s Secretariat employs one part-time staff member as the International Director.
The International Director reports ultimately to the General Assembly while on a day-to-day basis s/he works closely with the Directors and staff of the other RedR offices.
The General Assembly sets the tasks of the Secretariat which currently include:
- assisting new RedR organisations to become accredited members of RedR International and once accredited, monitoring their compliance with the fundamental and operating principles of RedR International;
- encouraging close contact and collaboration between RedR organisations around the world;
- assisting in the preparation, organisation and follow-up to General Assembly meetings
- promoting RedR with humanitarian organisations;
- monitoring developments in humanitarian assistance, focusing on the identification of unmet needs which RedR should satisfy;
- identifying and supporting projects and initiatives, such as the Emergency Personnel Network, in collaboration with other RedR offices and organisations;
- administering RedR’s Management Information System;